Saturday, May 12, 2012

Grand Canyon

Our pictures are a little mixed up...but this was our trip to the Grand Canyon. Both Mike and I have never been so when Mike found out that the last week of April was National Park week and that ALL the entry fee's are free...we decided to make a quick trip up! We headed up on a Wednesday morning, did the bus tour, set up camp, and then Thursday morning we took in some more sights, did another short bus tour, and headed home...along the way we stopped at Montezuma Castle, but I'll post about that on it's own. 
 Our first family picture at the Grand Canyon...J was pretty scared out of his wits when Mike picked him up for the picture. He did not like the look of the drop from where we were standing


 Emma was so wiped out that she fell asleep in my arms while walking...I cannot remember the last time she has done this, but I loved it! Until she got too heavy.. LOL



 I love my man!


J wanted us to take a picture of him and E sitting on some rocks.
 He also asked me to take this picture of him...He is becoming quite photographic 
 Is it just me or would you be nervous too? I was so nervous when Mike would carry E like this and go close to the edge

 I am so glad we took this quick trip because the Grand Canyon is absolutely breath taking. 
 Our campsite...






  J wanted to help carry the camelback...he is just too cute
 They have a train that comes from a city...I can't remember which one...but you ride it to the Grand Canyon in the morning and then in the afternoon/evening you ride it back to the city. Pretty sweet idea if you ask me!
 Waiting for our bus on Hermit Road 
 Can you spot the river?


3 comments:

  1. What gorgeous photos!
    I am so craving me some camping right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! And yes... umm, that picture of Mike with E on his back freaked me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Grand Canyon! I can't wait to take my kids one day!

    ReplyDelete