Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Remembering 9/11

This year, we went down to the Tempe Town Lake to remember 9/11. I can still remember to this day that I was on my way to Seminary when the second plane hit the towers. I was in shock. It hit pretty close to home when I found out that my old swim coach, the one who basically taught me everything, was in the Pentagon when that got hit. (He made it out safely). 
At the Tempe Town Lake they put up flags for EVERYONE who died that day. It was a beautiful sight to see all those American flags. I am grateful to be an American. I'm grateful that my brother in law served in the army against terrorism...I'm also grateful he never got killed either. I am grateful for the soldiers who now serve to protect us from terrorism. They are the reason we are free. 











1 comment: