Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Birthday & Surgery


Many of you know that I recently had my gallbladder removed. Most people don't think that it was a great birthday present, since the surgery was scheduled on my birthday. I personally thought it was one of the best present I had received! I know I must be crazy right, to choose to go through all that pain of recovery on such a wonderful day. I had been in pain for a week before the surgery happened, so anything to make the pain go away is worth it. I started having the gallbladder attacks throughout the year every 4 months or so after J was born and then during this pregnancy it escalated to last Wednesday's attack, which brought on the pain for a whole week. Tuesday (3-16) I saw a general surgeon who was all for the surgery and said it was perfect timing in my pregnancy. Since our insurance was being a pain, his office called me Tuesday afternoon to let me know he wanted me to go to the ER that night and his plan was that I get admitted and then he would schedule the surgery. Tuesday night we headed to Mesa, to get my sister in law, Cindy (who was on Spring Break), to watch J during this endeavor. Then around 9-9:30 we headed to the ER. Luckily everything went the way it was supposed to and I was admitted to stay overnight then the surgeon scheduled the surgery for noon. I stayed over Wednesday night and was discharged late Thursday afternoon.
Our baby girl is one tough little baby. She did fantastic through the whole week. She even stayed in when I was contracting right after the surgery! She knew she wasn't supposed to come into this world just yet and I'm thankful for that. The best part is Tuesday night she was so angry, she was kicking super hard that Mike was able to feel her. Now I was 20 weeks and people know that the dad doesn't start to feel the baby kick until a lot later. It was a wonderful experience for us. She is going to be a daddy's girl!!!! :)
J also did well through the whole thing. He loved playing with Aunt Cindy! He was so excited that she was there and sad that she had to leave. He hardly missed me at all.
Thanks to my wonderful friends and Relief Society we had meals brought to us for the past couple days which have helped in my recovery!! I am now able to get through the day without pain meds!!!! YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment