Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Introducing Baby E...



E was born on July 22, 2010 at 6:20pm. We all thought she was going to weigh 7-8lbs, but more importantly we all thought she was going to weigh less than 8lbs 4oz
...well we were all WRONG. She weighed 8lbs 5oz and was 19inches long.

My mom had flown in from Utah that morning thankfully, because Thursday was the busy long day at Mike's family medicine rotation. So after a wonderful haircut from my friend Bryndee and an awesome toenail paint job that she insisted on doing, my mom, J, and I headed to Arrowhead Hospital. We arrived at the hospital at 4pm when we checked in, I got situated in the triage area of labor and delivery. Got prepped for the c-section while waiting for Mike to get to the hospital from his work. Mike arrived at 5:45pm and then my Dr. arrived and we got started on the c-section at 6pm. E was "born" at 6:20pm that night.
It took from the time she was born to the time I got to see her a whole hour. That is the only downfall of a c-section is it takes so long to hold your baby. Like I said we were all shocked that she weighed an ounce more than J. Lucky for me we had gone ahead with the c-section because my dr later informed us that my uterine wall near my last c-section scar was extremely thin. He had described it as being as thin as saran wrap, but not as clear. He said you could see the shadows of the fluids moving inside. So if I would have gone through with an actual VBAC there was a high risk of my scar bursting open. I know gross, but again LUCKILY we did the c-section and we were able to avoid any dangers. After the surgery was over and I headed to a little recovery room for an hour (I thought this was really lame since I could've done this in my room and had been visiting with family during that hour instead of making them wait). I got to my room about 8pm, where we had them bring in E to visit
with J,

Grandma Hill,

and Grandma Bulloch.


J just absolutely adored E and was so excited to finally meet her. He had been talking about meeting her all week and all day!! I am so grateful that he loves having E around and is such a wonderful big brother to her. One awesome, hilarious thing that J did at the hospital, was he grabbed the measuring cup that goes in the toilet for monitoring, and decided that it was a "yee-haw" hat....so he put it on his head and said " YEE-HAW".

For those who don't know what a yee-haw hat is, it's his way of saying a cowboy hat! OH man, I love J and I love E. The minute she was born I couldn't imagine my life without her in it.

E isn't much of a crier or screamer. She loves, loves, loves to sleep. I have nicknamed her my sleeping beauty! In the hospital we had to wake her up to feed her every 2-3 hours because she loved sleeping soo much. I still need to wake her up during the night to feed her every 4 hours, because she will sleep for so long. One of the nights in the hospital we couldn't wake her up and she had gone without food for 7 hours...which for a newborn can be pretty bad. So in order to wake her up we had to start an hour before her 4 hour feeding cutoff time. You read that right...an HOUR before. It literally can take her an hour before she will wake up and realize that she is hungry and that we are trying to feed her!


9 pics*

No comments:

Post a Comment