Saturday, November 26, 2011

Kingman Weekend


Last weekend the kids and I went up to Kingman to visit Mike. Let me just say I was not expecting much out of that town, but it proved me wrong!!! I still would not choose Kingman as my first choice to do residency, but if we matched there I would not be totally devastated about it either. 1 reason is its only 3 1/2 hours away from Mesa (which his family and our friends are here)...2nd it's only 8 hours from my family!!! 3rd it's only 4 hours from Cedar City and Mike's ranch (which we hope to visit more often if we are closer by) and 4th its only 30-1:30 hrs away from pretty much some awesome stuff to do. Here is what we did...we took pictures but with our old camera that Mike has...I forgot to bring my camera up with me, so you'll have to wait to see the awesome pictures.
Friday we got there a little before Mike finished up work, so we got to meet all the cool work peeps. We headed straight to his house that literally never left the 80s! :) Seriously our grey/black/white (Salt & pepper I like to call it) carpet was there except it was the brown version, so it felt like home already ;D) Then after we unloaded our stuff, Mike drove us around for a bit and then we ate dinner at the Dambar & Steakhouse. The food was pretty good. We then headed to a park to let the kids play and get their wiggles out from being cooped up in the car for 4 hours....Mike and I then put E to bed, stayed up with J for a bit and then watched Gulliver's Travels.....which we thought was a pretty good movie, considering we weren't expecting much. But I thought it was better than what the critics had said!
Saturday, the kids woke up early, which we were fine with. We got to get a head start on our day.First we decided to drive around and Mike took us to their mountain...we hiked this really nice trail and the weather was absolutely perfect! The hike was just the right length of time too, so when we got back to the car we headed over to Mr. D'z diner (that never left the 50's) for lunch. The food was delicious yet again...after we headed over to the Train Park which has an actual life size train and car for the kids to climb on. J loved every minute of it. At the park they were selling a bunch of stuff which I snagged me a pair of sunglasses for $5 and we got J a pair for $2...we watched a really horrible western skit, but that's what you get for small town living! It was awesome :) We headed to a museum right across the street for a brief visit and then drove to Bullhead City/Laughlin area to play in the Colorado River. I never knew that was there, it was so fun to walk through the river with the kids. Even E loved it and she is not one to love cold water and man was it FREEZING!! Next time we will have to rent some jet skis, which almost everyone had! We had some Panda for dinner after that and the kids and I headed home.
So overall it was a great weekend! I could live there for 3 years if we had to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment