Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Lucky



I was too distraught last night to post about Lucky. Last night at 7pm Mike, J, and I headed to the vet to put Lucky to down. He has been with Mike for the past 15 years. His sister, Debbie, found him and brought him home...hence the name Lucky. He was pretty beat up and battered when they got him, Mike took him under his wing from the very beginning. They have been very good friends ever since. We inherited him to our family when Mike and I were married. I must say that dog has given me so much frustration and recently breakdowns, but it's so hard to have him gone. Overall he was a great, beloved friend. We have so many stories to tell about him and I'm glad that vet that put him to sleep mentioned that instead of focusing on the fact that he is no longer with us.

Here is J...we had him say goodbye to Lucky before we left for the vet's office. We explained to him that Lucky is going to live with Jesus.

One fun story that just drove me nuts, happened when we were first married and in our first place. I believe it was a Saturday morning that I woke up to find Lucky sitting on our bed waiting for us to wake up to show us the nice feathery dead bird that he caught. Yes that is right, he brought a dead bird onto our bed. When I got out of bed to put him and the bird outside I discovered in our hall and living room feathers, parts of the bird, and a little blood. He was very good at being a scavenger.

Another fun story is that Mike had given me a teddy bear hamster for our first Valentine's Day. The hamster didn't seem to like being in her cage very much, so one night she successfully bit through her cage and what she didn't expect was a little black and white dog waiting for her. I woke up the next morning, rolled over to get out of bed, to discover Lucky had a midnight snack.

He has many other good stories, but for really fun ones before the marriage you can ask Mike. I know he has told me many times that Lucky could jump so high that he almost jumped over their back fence. Lucky sure knew how to get comfortable as well. We could always find him on the most comfortable spots, always on a blanket, pillow, etc. Before he couldn't hold his bladder at nights, we let him sleep in our bed. If he got too cold he would sleep under the covers, but when he got too hot he would walk out panting!! We both thought this was hilarious!!!




WE LOVE OUR LUCKY DOG


8 pics*

No comments:

Post a Comment